Have you ever thought of using Facebook groups to promote your business? You might be surprised by the number of people who were successfully able to develop their business and nurture their audience through it.
Facebook groups are the most underrated social media tool, especially for marketers. Not all know how powerful groups can be when it comes to business marketing. It is one of the best tools Facebook has as it helps build and form genuine connections with your audience - an audience who may start as prospects and eventually become your loyal customers.
Reasons You Should Join Facebook Business Groups
- This social media tool allow its members to share and discuss ideas in the group. It acts like a forum where users can come together and talk about their thoughts and opinions. It also enables you to engage with your customers on a more personal level this way.
- Facebook groups also provide you regular feedback from your current and potential customers. This will help you improve your business and marketing strategies. That valuable information will be used when making important decisions for your company. Just remember to be open to negative feedback and always take them as constructive criticism.
- As people want to learn more about your brand or business, it is inevitable that they will start asking a lot of questions by posting them on the group page. This is a wonderful opportunity that should be taken advantage of when questions come pouring in. Try to respond to all of their inquiries and concerns while demonstrating your expertise on the subject. You can also share helpful articles online or produce your own content by creating F.A.Q pages for group members.
Discovering Groups On Facebook
Are you looking for groups that will allow you to easily communicate with other people who share the same interests as you?
Facebook has made it easier for its users to find groups - whether private or public - when they launched the Discover feature on the platform last 2016. It shows 25 different group categories which you can browse through. You will also see top suggested groups based on popularity, your interests, location and friends who have joined as well.
The Discover feature can be accessed by clicking on "Groups" found on the left side of your Facebook news feed under Explore section. This is how it looks like when you access it through Facebook's mobile application.
Source: Telegraph UK
When looking for a group to join, you need to know which category your interests fall under so you can start your search from there. You can read the description to learn more about the community and if you are fit to be a member.
Some groups have applied a screening process for membership requests. This is usually established by groups that have a specific requirement when admitting new members. Group administrators prepare a set of questions for the users to answer. Having these questions enables the group administrators to build a community around focused passions or purpose.
Creating Your Own Facebook Group
Having your own Facebook group will create stronger relationships with your customers and prospects through marketing and networking via this platform. It also gives you the ability to control the group by setting and defining your own rules for everyone to follow. You can decide how you want the group to be used.
If you want to build a community around products, make an effort so that your members will feel exclusive. Increase your knowledge about your products and share them with the group. Make sure that you are approachable so that when they ask for help or need training from you, they won't hesitate. You can turn products into benefits this way. Remember that consumers are more inclined to buy products due to good customer service.
What about a community where you can conduct focus group discussions? You simply need to give your group a name about a topic you are skilled and knowledgeable on. This will attract the attention of people who may be interested. They will constantly seek answers and hope to gain more information about the topic.
When you create your own group on Facebook, you can choose among the three privacy settings you want for your business: Closed, Secret and Public.
1. Closed Facebook Groups
When a group is closed, only members who have been granted permission to access the group by an admin can view the group. This type of group can be used by people who might be working on a project together and want to communicate with each other more efficiently. Other users will still be able to discover the group though, but they won't be able to send a request to join.
2. Secret Facebook Groups
Secret Facebook groups are more private than closed groups. It is not visible to those who are not a member of the community. Nobody on Facebook will be able to see that it exists other than those within the group. This is commonly used by people who want to have a secure platform to talk with friends.
3. Public Facebook Groups
Facebook users will be able to see the existing members and information shared within the group when it is set to public, meaning anyone is able to join without restrictions. For this window below to pop up, access “Groups” under explore and click on “Create Group” on the upper right side of the Discover feature page on Facebook.
The Process Of Opening A Facebook Business Group
1. Create Your New Group
You need to have an account on Facebook for you to open a group since the page can only be accessed through your personal news feed as we have mentioned earlier. You will be asked to input the following details when in the "Create New Group" page:
- Group Name
- Privacy Setting
2. Personalize and Customize
Cover photos are the best way to let users know what your group is about, which is why it is important to upload an image that best represents your business.
Canva is one of the best application tools out there to create amazing Facebook cover photos for your groups. You only need to pick a premade layout, upload your own images, and choose your own font and colors that suit your taste.
You will also be asked to provide the following when customizing your Facebook group:
• Group Type – This is how Facebook categorizes your group in search results and you are required to choose one depending on the purpose of your community.
• Description – A written representation of what the mission or focus of your group is. This will give users an idea if they can find people who share the same interests in your group.
• Related Tags – Tags are keywords that help Facebook in classifying your group. If you are focused on travel products, it will appear in search results every time a user looks for groups related to that.
3. Add and Invite Members
For many group administrators, they choose to add and invite users into the group if they see them as prospective customers. They usually focus on their target market or audience.
Business owners commonly advertise their Facebook group via their official website to let other people know about the community. Some send an email blast introducing their subscribers to their new group, while others simply add a social media button on their various social media channels.
4. Produce Content Consistently
It is important to have a marketing strategy when you want to continuously create content for your group audience. This should be planned and decided even before you plan to launch your group. The goal here is to decide on the type of content you intend on sharing so you can begin curating a library of available content. For example, do you plan on sharing your products and services with group members, sharing support materials, third-party content, and so on?
If you share content that provides value to your audience, they will be more likely to engage with you. One way of doing this is by sharing content relevant to the industry you are in. To help with this, you can use a social media scheduling tool like Social Report, which supports publishing to Facebook groups and enables you to curate and syndicate third-party content from hundreds of thousands of RSS feeds based on keyword, versus you having to search for blogs to gather content from.
5. Spark Interaction or Engagement
One of the most important parts of your strategy to have a successful Facebook group is to keep the interaction going with your content among the members of the group. Here are several ideas to spark engagement within your group:
• Polls – Polls play an important role in understanding the needs and wants of your potential and current customers, especially when seeking feedback or ideas from the community.
• Teasers – Teasers are one of the ways to keep your audience hooked to your brand or channel. They will anticipate the day you release your new products or roll out new services.
• Q&A – This activity is often done by those who are building their online identities as their own brand, but it can also be used by businesses who want to market their products and services. You can encourage your audience to ask questions and come up with sessions depending on how often you can do the activity.
Facebook groups offer visibility and networking and are definitely a great social media tool if they are harnessed correctly. There are a lot of benefits and advantage that comes with using Facebook groups to market your business, such as:
- You can ask your customers for their input outright.
- You can convert prospects into buyers.
- You can gain new followers.
- You can even earn your audience's trust.
So, don't hesitate and create your own Facebook group for your business. Or join other Facebook groups, share content, establish yourself as an industry leader, and when allowed by the group rules, advertise your business to an entirely new audience who may know nothing about you yet!